Monday, September 26, 2011

DIY Costume - Half Man Half Woman part 1

It's that time of year again for me to put together a costume for the murder mystery party. Usually I have something started by now, but this year I've had to do some research online to get some ideas. My character for our Carnivale Mystique murder mystery game is a half man half woman. So, I did what most of us do in the nowadays and I Googled images of half man half woman costumes. I figured since I own a sewing machine and I can sew a straight stitch, how hard could this be - right?

Here's what I found. I think this looks pretty great.

Halfmanhalfwoman

Here's another example I found. Now, I'm pumping myself up - If they can do it so can I. I hope...

Halfmanhalfwoman2

After finding these examples, I was excited to get started. So, last week a hit no less that five thrift shops looking for the perfect dress and men's suit to piece together. This proved more difficult than I thought. Probably because 1. I've never done this before and 2. I've never done this before. Now, I'm starting to second guess myself.

But then, Flo and I were out on a mission to get something... anything that will work so that I can at least have something to post about today. Here's what we found.

The dress!

Img_20110926_080521

The shirt and pants!

Img_20110926_080921

Right now they're sloshing around in my washing machine. The upcoming posts with show my attempts to put this costume together. This will be a shining moment for me or an epic failure. Stay tuned and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment