Thursday, September 15, 2011

Easy Candy Display

Since our murder mystery party that we're hosting this year is set during a 1930's era carnival, we thought it would be a great idea to do a candy display. So, off I go to the dollar store to find colorful candy to put in some containers that I already have at home. I love to use items that I already have this way I can cut down on the cost and still have a fun and festive party atmosphere. This is a really simple and inexpensive way to get a big wow factor at your next party.

As you can see I've used different containers to hold everything. I like the idea of using things for a different purpose just to shake things up a little.

Img_20110914_152122

Here I put pixie stix in champagne glasses.

Img_20110914_152050

I tossed some smartees into a glass container that used to hold cotton balls.

Img_20110914_152202

For the lollipops, I stabbed them all into a round floral foam ball and stuck the whole thing in a ceramic bowl that is balanced really carefully on another bowl turned upside down. (you can see this better in the next picture)

Img_20110914_151954

I know you'd expect to see gumballs in a gumball machine, but why not candy corn. I love candy corn!

Img_20110914_152056

I put everything on a big tray because I had one and I thought it looked really cool! This display will be sitting proudly at our next party and if the candy doesn't get polished off, then I'll still have some left over for the trick-or-treaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment