Thursday, September 8, 2011

When the Carnival Comes to Town...

....there will be elephants! I've been scouring thrift shops for items we can use to decorate our carnival-themed party this year. So far I've found a couple good contenders!

9-2-2011_159

This large red and grey elephant appears to have been used to hold some sort of mammoth candle. I'm thinking of using it to hold a bright candy dish. He'll look wonderful on the table with his incredibly large ears and rearing trunk.

9-2-2011_173

This next elephant is very small. I'm not sure where or how I'm going to display him yet. The detail is amazing.

9-2-2011_164

This elephant is far more somber. He's looking at you out of the corner of his eye right now. The bloke riding him looks nice and relaxed. Way to hitch a ride, buddy. My favorite part is the draping over the elephant is the small bird. For some reason it just ties the whole design together. The smallest details are often the most important!

A big congratulations to Scarlett Loves Elvis who won the murder mystery party giveaway! Yay Scarlett!

No comments:

Post a Comment