Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fondue Cathrineholm Style!

To be honest I'm not a big fan of fondue. Maybe I should be since I was born in the seventies. I'm sure my parents and their hip and trendy friends were gathering in their sunken living rooms and sharing a communal pot of a melted sauce simmering over a tea light. I just never saw anything appetizing about it. I mean you can never be too sure that they didn't double dip!

All this changed when I found a Cathrinholm fondue pot. All of the sudden my brain reoriented and started thinking that if something was served on such a wonderfully designed piece of crockery, then it can't be all that bad. Right!? Well, I'll just have to let you know after I try it.

Most of our menu for the murder mystery party this year will be "anything on a stick", so I figured the long, slender fondue forks are just the ticket. Now, all I need is to decide if I'm going to do a cheese sauce or a chocolate sauce. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Img_4567

Grete Prytz Kittelsen is known for her work with stainless steel and enamel for Cathrineholm. This wonderful lotus pattern is a big favorite among collectors.

Img_4557
 

I love this little inverted pyramid used as the knob on the pot lid. Absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment